The Rules Of The Competition
Participants are responsible for understanding and adhering to the rules of the competition.
Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Running with a bare torso is not allowed at any time on the run course. Participants must wear a running top or sports top at all times.
- Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear will result in disqualification.
- Runner may run, walk or crawl to complete the course.
- Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, or water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, and coaches) Receiving outside assistance will result in disqualification to the offending runner
- Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course. This will result in disqualification to the offending runner.
- No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course. This will result in disqualification to the offending runner.
- Follow the instructions of race marshals and traffic enforcers at all times
- Participants must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
- Run / Finish Line Cut-Off – The cut-off time for 5km is 1h00', 10km is 1h30', 21km is 3h30' and 42km is 7h00'. Time for each participant will begin as soon as they cross the timing line at start. Course times will be based on each participant’s individual chip time. Any participant who does not complete the race course before the cut-off time will receive a DNF result (did not finish).
- The age range for 42km must be 18 years or older, 21km distance from the age of 16. Runners who participate in a distance of 10km if under 16 years old must have a guardian responsible and sign the waiver.
- Participants will give way to all medical and emergency personnel on the course regardless of their race standing.
- All medical expenses occurred during the course of the race or as a result of the race are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- Full disclosure of a participant’s medical condition(s), general health and surgical procedure within the previous 12 months is required. Medical consultation/clearance may be necessary from an attending physician prior to acceptance into the race. In all cases, the final decision of medical consideration is at the discretion of the event Medical Director.
- Participants may be requested to undergo drug-testing procedures before and after the event. If you are requested to do so, you hereby agree to abide by such testing procedures. If a participant tests positive to any banned or illegal substance they will be disqualified.
- Medical personnel shall have ULTIMATE and FINAL authority to remove a participant from the race if the participant is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without risk of serious injury or death. Medical transport of any participant will result in disqualification.
- Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during, and after the race.
- Foul, harsh, argumentative or abusive language, or other unsportsmanlike conduct directed at race officials, another participant, race marshal, medical staff, traffic enforcer, or spectator will not be tolerated before, during, or after the race and will result in disqualification.
- Environmental protection is an important part of the race, which prohibits littering and sabotage during the competition. Offense will result in disqualification.
- Any protests relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
- In case of severe weather on race day, Organizers reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the race course to ensure the safety of all participants. These decisions will be made on race morning and announced at the start point.
- Organizers reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified in writing and/or at the pre-race athlete briefing meeting.